Healthy Snack Recipe: No Bake Goji Hemp Bars
These energy snack bars are packed with superfood ingredients like cacao, hemp and flax. Hemp is loaded with omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, which can lower the risk of heart disease. Hemp is also one of the only sources of complete plant protein, which means they provide all the essential amino acids, the building blocks of the human body. Goji berries are a great source of vitamin A and C and contain a surprising amount of protein for a fruit.
This is a great healthy snack for any time of day. The best part about making these bars is that they require no baking- just mix, roll and freeze!
Yield: Makes 16 bars
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw cashews
¼ cup hemp hearts
¼ cup flax meal
1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
Zest of 1 orange
3 tablespoons cacao nibs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 tablespoons grade B pure maple syrup
6 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon hemp powder
3 tablespoons goji berries, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes and drained and rough chopped
- In a food processor, pulse almonds and cashews to a medium chop.
- Add hemp hearts, flax meal, salt, orange zest and cacao nibs. Pulse a few times until all ingredient are combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut oil, whisk to combine. Incorporate hemp powder in with a whisk.
- Add nut mixture to mixing bowl, fold together. Add goji berries, mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Press mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment, freeze for several hours.
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container. Store in freezer or refrigerator. Enjoy within a month.